Monday, July 14, 2014

Buying present...

My mum is the most incredible person I know in the whole world. Although she is doing finances, she is a real art-fanatic in her soul. Our home is turned into a real vivid gallery with hundreds of paintings, sculptures and unique vintage ornaments, mainly in oriental Asian style. Since her latest obsession are colorful, handmade rugs and cushions from wool and silk , she is `desperately` touring around every shopping mall in Melbourne to rich her collection.
Yesterday, it was her jubilee 50th birthday. I couldn't think of a better present than set of two silky-touch oriental design cushion matching her new sheets in the bedroom.
After making a list of all places selling home-decor art pieces and furniture, I started my ten-hour shopping-voyage all around Melbourne. Hours and hours spent in the horrible city traffic and all that fuss of people in the stores drove me crazy for a moment.I couldn't find a single piece enough colorful, oriental printed and vintage looking.There should be specialized stores selling originally oriental and Asian pieces here in Melbourne. Pretty nervous and at the end of my patience, I find lovely set of teapot and two tea cups in an old, vintage ceramics style.I wasn't very happy with the choice, bit at least it was the closest-matching thing to my Asian-look ornaments research. Mum, as I described her earlier being an art and design lover, was absolutely thrilled from the present and put it in a prominent place in the dining room.
It was a really long and exhausting day, and not so delightful shopping experience for me. I really hate when I don't find what I look for in the store. Maybe it was a better idea if I ordered some cushions on the Internet, but I ran out of time and this brick-and-mortar shopping journey was a real torture for me, my time and my wallet. (since I spent tens of dollars just for parking :()

No comments:

Post a Comment